Raw kale caesars are the one thing I never tire of. I pretty much order them whenever they're offered. At home, I like mine with a few hippie add-ons and poached egg for breakfast (or really, anytime of day). This almond caesar dressing is naturally dairy-free, but has the bold, zingy flavor that every caesar needs. You'll want to put it on everything - and I won't stop you.
RAW KALE CAESAR WITH BEET MICROGREENS, AVOCADO & POACHED EGG (Gluten & grain-free, Vegan) SERVES 2
- 1 large bunch of kale, washed, stemmed & torn
- A pinch of flaky sea salt
- 1 lemon
- 4-5 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- 1/4 cup tablespoons hempseeds
- A good handful of microgreens
RAW ALMOND CAESAR DRESSING (Vegan, dairy-free) Makes about 2/3 cup
- 1/2-2/3 cup almonds, soaked for 4-6 hours
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 small lemons, juice + zest
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon caper brine (or olive juice brine)
- 1/4-1/3 cup olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly cracked pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, massage the juice of one lemon into kale. Sprinkle with sea salt and set aside.
Then, make almond dressing: After soaking almond, rinse and drain well. Add to high-speed blender or food processor with the following five ingredients. Blend ingredients well, then stream in olive oil until desired texture. Season with sea salt and pepper.
Mix kale together with sliced radish, avocado and microgreens and hempseeds. Toss in desired amount of dressing (it's on the thicker side, so use your hands to massage it in).
To poach eggs: Fill a large saucepan with water and a good splash of white vinegar. Over high heat, let the temperature come until you begin to see tiny bubbles around the rim. Plop in your eggs (one at a time, if you’re nervous). Let the eggs sit for about 30 seconds, then slowly stir making sure the egg white wraps around the yolk. If your egg gets stuck on the bottom of the pan, don’t fret, use a silicon spatula to carefully remove it. Let cook until egg whites just begin to firm (or set),